I booked two international flight tickets from Cheapoair for my parents. A few weeks later, I got an email saying my flight was changed. My layover was extended from original 1hr 50min to 4hrs. I wasn't happy about this change but the website says you can either accept it or decline it but if you decline, they do not guarantee there are still seats for you. I thought 4 hr was not terrible, so I accepted it. A few more weeks later, I received another email informing me my layover went from 4hrs to 6hrs. I don't want my elderly parents to get stuck at an airport for this long, so I declined it. Website promised to get a travel agent to contact, but it did not guarantee when. The travel date was approaching and ticket prices were going up. I waited two full days and then called their customer service. The first agent basically told me the same thing: "wait for us to contact you. we will contact you, but we don't guarantee when". I'm afraid it they won't find me a better flight and decided to just cancel it and re-book. The travel agent said "sure, let me call the airline to process the refund. You'll receive the full refund in 14 days." I thought perfect, and then he put me on hold. After an hour of listening to their automatic music, I couldn't wait by phone anymore so I hung up. The agent asked my call back number previously so I hoped he would call back after he finished the process, but he didn't. A day passed, I didn't hear anything, but their website says my refund was already processed, so I booked another flight, thought this was over. I was too naive.

Another day passed, an agent called and trying to persuade me to accept the 6hr layover. I responded that I thought I have already canceled that flight. The agent said, "No, it is not cancelled. If you want to cancel your flight, we will have to charge you. The change was not over 2 hours, so we will have to charge you for the cancellation" I didn't understand "My layover went from under 2 hours to 6 hours, what do you mean 'the change was under 2 hours'". Apparently, they calculate the difference from their last schedule change, not my original booked flights. Nevertheless, he promised to check with the airline first before telling my how much they would charge me. After about 30 min on hold, he said they could not reach the airline right now, and will call back in a day. Another day passed, I didn't get any call, so I called again, they then said, they promise to call back in 3 days. My case was put on the priority list. 3 days passed, I called again on Friday, they said, the airline does not work on weekend, but they would get back to me on Monday. As you may have already guessed, I didn't hear from them on Monday. I was too upset at that point and I had my credit card company to post the dispute.

About 2 weeks later, they called me back. First time, I didn't hear an attitude in their voice. They found out the dispute and wanted me to send them my other booking confirmation and they'll work it out. I was confused and refused the ask. The attitude appeared again, "the airline will fight the dispute, we will charge you, the airline will charge..." and then they hung up.

The problem is over yet, but I'm sure I won't spend another penny at this company. I hope I don't have to talk to them again. FYI, I've been using Expedia for years and their customer service were very supportive in cases of flight schedule change or cancellation. Customer services like them are the reason that I use travel agency. I don't need another layer of problems like Cheapoair creates.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $1900. This person is overall dissatisfied with Cheapoair. The most disappointing about cheapoair flight booking at Cheapoair was deceptive pricing and inconsistent charges , but reviewer liked booking service was good. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Orbitz or British Airways that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Cheapoair.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Cheapoair to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Cheapoair?

Comments

Certainly you read the terms and conditions before you would buy expensive overseas flights.Most of CheapoAir tickets are non-refundable.

There is a service fee they charge and the airlines will also charge a service fee for cancellation.

You hired CheapoAir to act as your agent in getting a ticket from the airlines. They paid your money to the airlines and have to wait for its return before refunding it to you.

As you read in the terms and conditions when you bought the ticket, when you request a refund "Once you have provided our customer service agent with your cancellation request, we will then send you an email notification that your request has been received.This notification does not automatically qualify you for a refund." Thus, you were wrong when you thought your refund was processed - the language only indicated that they had received your request.

I'd like to update that when you book your travel with Cheapoair, they store your credit card information without any obvious notice.I didn't know that and I also didn't know selecting seats for my flight would cost money.

After booking, I clicked on "select seats", the seat map showed up.

I simply finished selecting seat for the first leg of my flight and then clicked "next flight", it automatically charged my credit card!Be careful!