1.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I purchased 2 international tickets thru cheapoair.com. after finalizing the purchase, not long after that a representative called and trying to sell us upgrade on the guaranteed seat.

The representative said that it's already included in the ticket price, but actually they charge me extra $30 for the 2 seats on top of the ticket price. Then they offered me to purchase travel protection plan that will guarantee us to be able to change the date anytime we want. I already refused to purchase, but he insisted and assured that this insurance travel will benefit me in case if I need to change the date anytime I want and there will be no extra cost at all to change. He tried to talk me in for about 1 hour.

I agreed. So, I got charged another $124 on top of the ticket price plus the $30 seat confirmation.

Today, I called cheapoair and told that one of the tickets need to have the returning flight changed. Guess what? They said that by buying the travel insurance protection, I only have 24 hours to make the change after purchasing the tickets.

Any changes made after that 24 hr period, I have to pay the airline penalties fee. This is totally not what they said while trying to sell. This complain has not been resolved. They said that they will call back, but they have not.

I am so pissed and they ripped people off by misleading information. Basically telling lies to customers.

This needs to stop!!

I strongly suggest don't get fooled and get into their sweet talk about buying extra this and that. THEY ARE LIARS SCAMMERS!!

Reason of review: Scam on the travel insurance protection and seat confirmation no extra charge.

I didn't like: Ripping people off with misleading information.

Comments