2.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality

They ask you if you want to book insurance, on the checkout page when you're confirming flight details. I said yes, then after I paid for my tickets, an agent from cheapo air called us and pushed extra travel insurance.

Well I have a death in the family and her funeral and everything will butt right up against my trip, and I tried to reschedule my trip and they informed me the very very basic airline Economy flight I booked, trip insurance doesn't qualify for. When I asked them well then why would you chase people down by phone to offer them travel insurance if it's not valid for basic economy flights? They said well, we're just a middleman it's not our fault what the airline's policies are. Which is *** because CHEAPOAIR, not the airlines are the one selling and calling customers to push for flight insurance, not the airline, so they absolutely do know and do not tell people they're calling to upsell flight insurance to that fact.

EXTREMELY EXTREMELY SHADY! I will think long and very very hard before ever booking here again.

Which is a pity because they did have tremendously cheaper flights than everyone else. My flight total came to 621 dollars, before all the upgraded travel insurance, and other " inexpensive discount" websites my tickets would have been 657 before any upgrades.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: How cheap they are comparedto everyone else.

I didn't like: Dishonest about flight insurance not covering basic flights, Very bad customer service, Deceptive business practices, Playing games.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 03.

Comments