2.3
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Update by user Mar 29, 2017

Huge rip off. Misleading. Just don't do it.

Original review posted by user Mar 28, 2017

I flew to Europe from Texas and booked it all via cheapoair. BIG mistake.

At first, the booking online would not work so I had to call. Once I called, they supposedly were having computer issues as the flights they entered were not confirming, which is what was happening to me (and the reason I had to call). Supposedly they were going to try again and call me back. Of course they never did, so I called back, and was told "we don't promise to call people back." The way their system supposedly works,information is deleted every time a booking fails, so the lady had me repeat my address and my CC information 9 times ....yes, 9 times.

For some reason it did not like one of the flights, so she booked a different airline and said it would work, but of course for $580 more than before. She read the details to me and I was so fed up I just said okay. Another BIG mistake. She said, "San Antonio To New York, New York to Vienna," etc.

When I got the booking, it was Flying in to NEWARK, then out from JFK (two very different airports...). I called to complain but to change THEIR mistake (and no, she never said Newark, New Jersey, etc.: she said New York) it would cost me an additional $700. Per Person. Well, a cab from Newark to JFK was $120 including tip, so I caved and left it alone.

Worst flying experience I have ever had. Too much stress, too much drama.

There are plenty of great discount flight sites that can meet my needs. I Will NEVER use Cheapoair again.

Review about: Cheapoair Flight Booking.

Reason of review: BAIT AND SWITCH ON PRICING.

I liked: Advertised prices, Site is easy to use.

I didn't like: Not honest, Unfair policy, Not explaining truthfully itinerary change and not helpful.

Comments