169 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

My situation is almost identical to may other reviews I am reading here. In February 2020 I booked two tickets to Peru for July.

At that time Covid was not a global issue yet. Once it became clear the trip would not be happening, I began to pursue Cheapoair for a refund. Some flights were canceled, others not et. Eventually all flights were canceled.

After numerous phone calls between the airlines and Cheapoair, they acknowledged that i was due a refund. Then they said I would have to wait two billing cycles. Now it has been two billing cycles and I am following up again. Now for two days I have made at least five phone calls to Cheapoair, and they are not answering calls.

After an hour on hold I give up and call back. I found a Live Chat button, and was immediately put on with someone. (Maybe to purchase a ticket?) But as soon as I explained my refund problem, they bounced me to a "dedicated team" that handles changes, now I am on a queue at number 57 and waiting for that to go down. According to other complaints, I will eventually be dropped.

I have used Cheapoair many times over the years, but as soon as there is a problem and a refund is owed, they disappear. Absolutely will never use them again.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM CHEAPOAIR.

Explore video interviews

Comments

#2040333

CheapOair Customer care no 62993:84011 // Available on 24hrs if you have any further queries related your booking call now CheapOair Customer care no 62993:84011 // Available on 24hrs if you have any further queries related your booking call now CheapOair Customer care no 62993:84011 // Available on 24hrs if you have any further queries related your booking call now

#2040331

Cheapoair customer care no 6299,38,4011 Available on 24hrs if you have any questions call now

#2034662

We canceled June 2020 flights, were charged $350 to rebook June 2021 flights. We were refunded $861, the tax portion of the 2020 flights.

Then Cherapoair listed our 2021 status as "refunded". Because of that, neither Cheapoair or Austrian Air was able to print our 2021 tickets. We had to purchase new tickets from Delta.

We are out $9,800. Dozens of calls to Cheapoair, no results.

#1924583

I believe this is class action lawsuit worthy. I recently experienced a similar issue. I think we should do something about it!

#1925415
@PissedConsumer1924583

The airlines are the ones not returning the money, travel agencies have no control over that. Visit the airline website it should give you the airline policy when it came to covid, just because you want a refund, doesn't mean you qualify for it, the refund comes from the airline so that should be where your beef is. Forget any airline that is not US based, they do not have to follow the DOT guidelines as that pertains to domestic airlines.

CheapOair Reviews