Resolved
1.9
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Good day Everyone, Background: my wife and I have a return flight from Johannesburg to Ho Chi Minh via Hong Kong jointly done with SAA and Vietnam airlines. We flew from Johannesburg to Hong Kong on 14 Dec and the flight got 1:30 hours of delay .

At our arrival we went straight to the Vietnam airways counter to get our ticket issued, my wife was sick so we had to go to the restrooms for about 15m. Back at the Vietnam airlines counter we do the queue and the time tell us it is too late to rebook us on a flight and we have to purchase a new one. I didn't want to argue with them and got a new Hong Kong - HCM flight online. Today I called cheapoair which advised me that the entire return leg has been cancelled by the airline (Vietnam airline or South African airways?).

Cheapoair confirmed that the only option is to purchase a new return ticket for 1386 USD. I directly called the airlines which both confirmed that the tickets arent cancelled and available for the travel agent to be issued. Secondly I called SAA Voyager loyalty program and Star alliance, their legal representative confirmed that airlines would only cancel returning flights of untravelled legs to free up space. In no circumstance they would cancel a leg knowing they have travelled the outbound route.

I then called back Cheapoair and talked to a supervisor which still insisted that the return flight are cancelled and not refundable despite confronted them to what the airlines told me. Basically I'm assuming they apply a commercial tactic for customers to have a double booking and bank 100% of the rebooking fee in their pocket. I have the firm intention to take them to court for unethical business practices fraud. I will file a class action law suit but please count me in.

You can reach me by email at N*********d@Hotmail.com or +2***82****5.

It is the second time I have an issue of over 1000 USD with them and I'm not letting this one go. Regards Nicolas Zavallone

Comments

did you get this resolved??