I booked a flight for $506.11. I unfortunately had to cancel, because the work trip was no longer happening.

I called to cancel and they mentioned there would be a $100 cancellation fee and that I would receive a credit for $454.40 to use until 9/25/2017.

That would be fine, however below is the what is mentioned in their email:

"When you use the credit, there will be an airline penalty of $200.00 per person, plus any applicable fare difference. This credit is non-transferable and non-refundable , and may only be used by the person(s) named on the original ticket, regardless of the name on the credit card that purchased the ticket(s)."

So I really do not get a credit besides ($54.40) and with the cancellation fee my $506.11 trip ended up costing $606.11!

I am not sure how cheapoair can get away with this, but I would like a fair solution instead of owing more money.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of cheapoair flight booking. Cheapoair needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cheapoair flight booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cheapoair. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Orbitz, British Airways or Expedia.

Had an Experience with Cheapoair?

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1222273

Dominic, the airlines charge an airline change penalty ranging from 100.-- to 350.00 depends on the airline and the fare you bought,.This is not something we make up or get to keep.

The airlines have charged these fees,. and made tickets non refundable for almost 15 years now. I;m not sure how often you travel, or had to ever cancel and hold a ticket for credit, but unfortunately those are the rules. Feel free to call the airline to verify, or any other site to check on how non refundable cancellations are handled.

As a onetime gesture I have refunded you back $100.00.

You ticket value was $454.50 for 2 people which that amount will be used towards your new ticket, however, the airline will collect $200.00 per person to use the $54.50 each person will have left, so that decision is upto you.But you should receive the 100.00 refund within 10 business days, and my apologies for the confusion on how a cancelllation and exchange works.