2.4
Additional Fees

I booked an international flight with with CheapoAir, was shown the final price of the tickets and then on the last page, they sneaked in the seat assignment fee of $27.97 in the total. They hide that fee under "Taxes, Surcharges and Other Charges inclusive of Seat Assignement Fee". This may not be illegal but this surely isn't being clear and upfront.

The most frustrating part is that you can choose your seats for FREE from airlines' website if you give them your booking confirmation number. Why the *** do that I need to pay $27.97 for nothing!!! This is a total rip off!

Do yourself a favor. Next time, whenever you book a ticket, check if you are charged for seat assignment and go ahead only if you are not.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cheapoair Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, Hidden fees, Seat assignment fee.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 23, 2015.

Comments

You are thieves taking people’s money. Since when is it ok to be charged $400 to change one letter in my first name on flight reservation?

Absolutely disgusting.

I will be sure to spread the word. #dontuse heapoair #cheapoairthieves

New York, New York, United States #1023851

The fee is displayed on the screen when you access the seat map. It ask you if you want to continue or not.

It appears you missed the charge and chose to continue.

You can contact us and we will refund the seat fee if the airline doesn't charge it, and the flight hasn't already taken place. Email our cs department at sm@cheapoair.com your 8 digit booking number.

CheapOair