Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I booked a flight from Brisbane to Rio De Janerio with Chepoair and they charged me USD instead of AUD. I use skyscanner.com.au to find the flight i want as they advertise the prices in AUD.

When I found the flight at the price I wanted, I clicked the link for the flight and it took me to Cheapoairs website. Little did I know that the link sent me to their US site and not the Australian site. So when I payed for my flight, which cheapoair offered on skyscanner for $1480AUD, I ended up paying the same price but in USD. So I paid $2130AUD for the flight.

$650AUD more than what I was supposed to. I chose this flight because the price, which was advertised in AUD. If I wanted to pay over $2000 I would have booked direct through Qantas where I get status points, frequent flyer points and options for upgrades. I would’ve chosen a more direct flight than taking a flight with 4 stopovers but I chose this flight because the price and currency it was advertised at.

After hours of phone calls and explanations on what had happened, there was still no resolution with this issue.

The call centre people kept saying that it was my fault and that I had booked through cheapoair.com not cheapoair.com.au. After looking at my flight confirmation again I see that it was booked through cheapoair.com but as I explained again I found the flight that cheapoair had advertised for $1480AUD on skyscanner.com.au and the link that cheapoair provide through skyscanner.com.au sent me to their US site. The price was exactly the same except they had now changed the currency to USD. This is the fault of cheapoair.com.

Not once did I get notified that I was being moved to a US site and that the price would be the same but the currency would be changing from AUD to USD. This is completely dishonest and highly illegal. I have been waiting 3 days for someone to call me back (as they said they would call me in 24hrs) and help sort out the mistake Cheapoair have made. No one has contacted me.

Be very very careful using this company. I want the return of the $650AUD that was over charged to me by Cheapoair changing the currency without informing me.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 27.

Comments