2.5K views 10 comments

I booked two flight tickets from Cheapoair, later I found I can use mileage to buy the tickets from the same airline, so I called to cancel my reservation in three days, I only got partial airfare I paid back, plus $300 cancelling fee, total more than $500 loss.

When I booked tickets, there was "free cancellation" on the page, it is not real "free cancellation".

Review about: Cancellation Fees.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cheapoair Flight Booking
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $525
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cheapoair?

Comments

i recently booked flight to Saskatoon to chennai with the amount of $1647, but due to my PGWP rejected the next day i had to cancel my trip.i had to pay $250 for cancellation fee extra and received certain amount.

I lost $555.

As a student this a tough situation now i have very limited fund +can't work till i receive my permit which might take another 2 months.is there any suggestions on reducing the cancellation or refunding fee?

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom #1269424

I booked a flight to China through your website.Decided the dates I had originally never fitted in my plans.

I asked your administration how much it would cost to alter the return. £500 was the answer on a ticket that initially cost me £400. Therefore I had no other choice to cancel the flight and, book another flight at another £400. I asked for a refund of the first ticket and, got back just £1.00 with out reason or, breakdown as too what happened to the rest of my hard earned money.

Ticket i/d 5249939. Maybe you could help with this one or, explain where my money went.

Don't forget CheapOair had almost 3 months to sell on that ticket.It was a last minute cancellation.

David Kowal
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom #1269414

I booked a ticket through this CheapOair , only to change the return date a few weeks later.I paid £400 for the ticket and, they wanted over £500 so I could the return date.

Therefore I cancelled and, guess what? A refund of £1.00. What a rip off!

No reason as to why the refund was so little, or any explanation.Last time I have any dealings with them.

New York, New York, United States #1209357

I am already in a areally poor condition financially. I am visitng India to take care of my father who is ill becuase of a brain storke and now, when I want to cancel one of my tickets, CheapOAir want's to charge a hefty fees $150. Could you please help me here and reduce the fee.

El Tony

cancel a reservation here is more difficult to see the president of US.the costumer service in English is bad.they send you from representative to representative ( in my case 4 time more than 30 minutes between representative).They have to solve this problem.or they will lose customers.Good luck. God Bless.

Received $150 refund back. Appreciate that.

Part of the change was taken away by airline, not CheapOair.

cheapoair

A refund of $150.00 was processed back to the customer.

CheapOair.com

CheapOair
New York, New York, United States #717529

Our customers concerns are important to us, therefore we have refunded $150.00 back to the traveler.

CheapOair.com

Customer Support

cheapoair

Dear Customer, free cancellation if you click on the link says within 24 hours not 3 days later. Once you miss the 24 hr grace period all rules and penalties are applicable. I would be glad to review the charges and see if anything can be done. Email the booking number to.

sm@cheapoair.com

place blog in the subject line

Byron Escoe
to cheapoair Brunswick, Maine, United States #1314869

You advertise free 24 hour cancellation, but charge a $50.00 cancellation fee.

So it is not free 24 hour cancellation. It is false advertising