Be careful booking ticket from Cheapoair

442 of 985 Cheapoair reviews

I booked two flight tickets from Cheapoair, later I found I can use mileage to buy the tickets from the same airline, so I called to cancel my reservation in three days, I only got partial airfare I paid back, plus $300 cancelling fee, total more than $500 loss.

When I booked tickets, there was "free cancellation" on the page, it is not real "free cancellation".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
442 of 985 Cheapoair reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 20 #1273654

i recently booked flight to Saskatoon to chennai with the amount of $1647, but due to my PGWP rejected the next day i had to cancel my trip. i had to pay $250 for cancellation fee extra and received certain amount. I lost $555. As a student this a tough situation now i have very limited fund +can't work till i receive my permit which might take another 2 months. is there any suggestions on reducing the cancellation or refunding fee?

Jan 11 #1269424 Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

I booked a flight to China through your website. Decided the dates I had originally never fitted in my plans. I asked your administration how much it would cost to alter the return. £500 was the answer on a ticket that initially cost me £400. Therefore I had no other choice to cancel the flight and, book another flight at another £400. I asked for a refund of the first ticket and, got back just £1.00 with out reason or, breakdown as too what happened to the rest of my hard earned money. Ticket i/d 5249939. Maybe you could help with this one or, explain where my money went. Don't forget CheapOair had almost 3 months to sell on that ticket. It was a last minute cancellation.

David Kowal

Jan 11 #1269414 Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

I booked a ticket through this CheapOair , only to change the return date a few weeks later. I paid £400 for the ticket and, they wanted over £500 so I could the return date. Therefore I cancelled and, guess what? A refund of £1.00. What a rip off! No reason as to why the refund was so little, or any explanation. Last time I have any dealings with them.

Sep 07, 2016 #1209357 New York, New York, United States

I am already in a areally poor condition financially. I am visitng India to take care of my father who is ill becuase of a brain storke and now, when I want to cancel one of my tickets, CheapOAir want's to charge a hefty fees $150. Could you please help me here and reduce the fee.

El Tony

Jun 18, 2016 #1174878

cancel a reservation here is more difficult to see the president of US.the costumer service in English is bad.they send you from representative to representative ( in my case 4 time more than 30 minutes between representative).They have to solve this problem.or they will lose customers.Good luck. God Bless.

Sep 18, 2013 #718751

Received $150 refund back. Appreciate that.
Part of the change was taken away by airline, not CheapOair.

1 0 Reply
cheapoair

Sep 18, 2013 #718511

A refund of $150.00 was processed back to the customer.

CheapOair.com

1 1 Reply
CheapOair

Sep 16, 2013 #717529 New York, New York, United States

Our customers concerns are important to us, therefore we have refunded $150.00 back to the traveler.

CheapOair.com
Customer Support

1 1 Reply
cheapoair

Sep 11, 2013 #715156

Dear Customer, free cancellation if you click on the link says within 24 hours not 3 days later. Once you miss the 24 hr grace period all rules and penalties are applicable. I would be glad to review the charges and see if anything can be done. Email the booking number to.

sm@cheapoair.com
place blog in the subject line

1 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cheapoair. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cheapoair.
Filing a new complaint about
×